Friday, July 22, 2011

remembering

those (not so long ago) days where I was empty and in control. Remember? And it was easy to eat perfectly. And I ran almost every day.

Do I have the will-power to get back to that point? I really think I do...

It was not so long ago...

A taste of my favorite way to kill time:


She's beautiful right? On the outside. But she flaunts her suffering and bones like a little kid throwing a fit for attention. My battle with my body is my most precious secret. Despite the struggle, I treasure it. I just can't relate to this woman. The idea of torturing those around you with your struggle is so... foreign to me.



And this girl... She's even more beautiful. I've never tested the waters of bulimia (honestly, I don't have the balls I think), but this girl completely fascinates me. She seems so sweet and normal. And it's not the bulimia that's so bizarre, it's the amount she eats. Epic binges. I can't even comprehend it. And I hate her family for treating her like a drug addict: kicking her out of the house for being eating all their food? They're less concerned about the fact she's bulimic, and more concerned with how her binges affected their fucking pantry. And they complain about bailing her out, like when her car breaks down. They basically blame her ED? But the fact is, is that they don't help her anymore then any parents help a normal non-bulimic college age child.

It's funny how people view individuals with an ED (whatever form it may take), as being so similar: all needing the same treatment, all taking the same form, all the same "type" of people. But look at the vast difference between these two (and the many more I've been watching). It's not the ED that defines them; it is their separate distinct personalities that define their ED; lay the foundation, and build the walls up around them. 

I hate that condescending idea that everyone suffers; because everyone suffers differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment